Lead Glass Shields
Our Lead Glass Shields are used as a barrier to prevent X-Ray radiation while allowing a safe and clear view into the vacuum system. The shield is mounted to the atmosphere side of a standard CF type Zero-Length viewport using longer than standard bolts (bolts not supplied). The vacuum seal is made by the Zero Length Viewport.
- X-Ray Shielding
- Lead equivalent 2mm (.078”)
- Light transmission 85%
- Refractive index 1.76
- Can be mounted with the glass removable or non-removable
- Leaded Glass can be replaced
- Other flange sizes available by special order
- Lead Glass is not tempered or fire rated.
- Hairline scratches are inherent in the manufacturing process of this glass.
- Wipe smudges with a dry cloth, never use a wet rag.
- Wipe fingerprints and grease off immediately to prevent tarnishing. If a dry cloth doesn’t remove smudges, use alcohol.
Larson Electronic Glass offers "Lead Glass Shields" available in 5 standard sizes that mount on CF flanges from 1.33 inch to 8 inch diameter. Dimensions are in inches.
|Image||Lead Glass Shields||Flange||View diameter (V)||Equivalent to lead thickness||Model Number||Part Number||Price|
|1-1/2" lead glass shield||2.75"||1.4"||2mm||LGS-150||141162||$253|
|2-1/2" lead glass shield||4.5"||2.5"||2mm||LGS-250||141212||$393|
|4" lead glass shield||6"||3.88"||2mm||LGS-400||141272||$525|
|6" lead glass shield||8"||5.38"||2mm||LGS-600||141292||$700|