Larson Electronic Glass offers fiber optic feedthroughs which provide a means of channeling light signals in and out of a vacuum chamber. Our fiber optic feedthroughs are designed using a Kovar® sealed sapphire element and mounted on standard CF and Kwik-Flange.
These units use standard 3/16" X 1/2" end tip light guides. The tips are inserted into both the air and the vacuum sides of the feedthrough, and are held in close proximity of the "window" with set screws.
Fiber optic feedthroughs are available with 1, 2 and 4 light ports, and are supplied in a variety of vacuum flanges, and custom configurations can be special ordered.
- Choice of 1, 2 or 4 Light Ports
- Sapphire for broader transmission range.
- Sapphire mounted in KOVAR® sleeve
- Choice of type 304 SS flanges
- CF type flange
- ISO Kwik-Flange®
- CF type flange bakeable to 450°C without Light Guide Cables
- CF type flange vacuum range to below 10x-11 Torr
- ISO flange intermittent bakeout cycles to 200°C without Light Guide Cables
- ISO flange vacuum range to 10x-9 Torr
- Nominal 3/16” I.D. Light Guide Receptacles